Sun Wu Kong - the Monkey King
The Monkey King was born from a stone egg. He is a capable fighter and versatile with his magic staff. He studied under a Daoist priest at one time. When the immortals grew weary of his misbehavior, Sun Wu Kong was buried under a mountain by Buddha as punishment. He was later released to accompany the monk Xuan Zang on his journey to India and back to bring Buddhist scriptures to China. The Monkey King is agressive and mischievous ... but widely popular in Chinese society.
Sun Wu Kong is a Buddhist hero, you need a Buddhist Pagoda to get him to your city.
Sun Wu Kong halves the cost of:
- Acrobat School
- Drama School
- Theatre Pavilion
- Daoist shrine
Sun Wu Kong can bless:
- Stoneworks: the stoneworks once produces 4 loads instead of one. Another blessing is needed if you want another 4 loads.
- Weaponsmith: idem to stoneworks
Sun Wu Kong acts like a:
- Daoist Priest
- Buddhist monk
Sun Wu Kong also gives these benefits:
- Emissaries cost nothing and travel faster
- He can capture animals for the palace menagerie
- He can fight enemies, both at home and abroad
The following monuments are associated with Sun Wu Kong:
- Grand Palace
- Grand Pagoda